Installation Process for the Complete WP Fail-Safe Form Footer System:
25” Base, 25” Reducer, 12” x 18” Tower, and 12” Rebar Collar
- Review plans for depth and width of footer per local code requirements of your approved building department plans, or with American Forest & Paper Association, Inc’s Prescriptive Residential Wood Deck Construction Guide based on the 2006 IRC. (http://www.awc.org/Publications/DCA/DCA6/DCA6.pdf)
- Call Miss Utility (http://www.missutility.net/).
- Layout project to determine footer locations.
- Excavate/dig footer holes.
- Call for footing inspection per your local code requirements.
- Place gravel at bottom of excavated footer hole as required by governing building code. This will assist in the final leveling process and drainage.
- Layout parts for assembly of the WP Fail-Safe Form Footer.
- Place the horizontal rebar into base section of the WP Fail-Safe Form Footer.
- Insert the vertical rebar into rebar guides in the reducer.
- Place the reducer on the base footer and attach by applying downward pressure to the outer edge of the reducer. Make sure that all snap lock mechanisms are tightly engaged.
- Place tower over rebar and attach the tower to reducer by applying downward pressure to the outer edge.
- Slide collar over rebar and attach to tower by applying downward pressure to the outer edge. Snap rebar into collar.
- If more than one tower is needed to reach grade you can just snap one tower to another and then snap the collar to the top. Vertical rebar should be flush with the rebar snap-lock mechanism in the top collar. ***Ensure rebar does not extend past the top of the snap-lock mechanism.
- Lower assembled tower system(s) into excavated footer hole(s).
- Level the form as required by code on to the previously placed gravel.
- Mix concrete per manufacturer’s specifications and local code requirements.
- Before filling with concrete back fill around the WP Fail-Safe Form Footer at least to the middle of the first tower.
- A reducer can be used as a funnel at the top of the WP Fail-Safe Form Footer system to aid in the placing of the concrete.
- Fill base and reducer with concrete and rod 5-6 times.
- Fill the rest of system with concrete and rod 5-6 times to ensure proper concrete placement.
- Level and smooth concrete at the top of the WP Fail-Safe Form Footer per IBC code 2006 and concrete manufacturer’s specifications.
- Install post connectors per your approved building plans or the American Forest & Paper Association, Inc’s Prescriptive Residential Wood Deck Construction Guide, (based on the 2006 International Residential Code). See ICC to purchase a copy.